Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Awesome pretzel dip

OK - this is definitely not a main course, but the kids told me to put this on the blog, so you get it!

Someone in our house inevitably will buy pretzels from time to time for one reason or another, thinking that we will eat them. Then the bag sits, opened, 3/4 full, and unloved. So I invented a pretzel dip - in an attempt to get rid of a bag of pretzels - and now the kids WANT to get pretzels, just so I'll make the dip.

Pretzels are better for you than chips, so this is probably better for them than other snacks they might make.

It's almost embarrassing to put down what's in it - you will think, "that's lame." But just try it once, and you will be pleasantly surprised!

It's just mayo (or miracle whip/salad dressing stuff) and spicy brown mustard.

You take half as much mustard as you use mayo and mix it up. That's it. Really! Then dunk a pretzel in it and enjoy.

Remember, I rarely measure anything, so obviously, these measurements are approximate. Start with the mayo and add some mustard until it tastes the way you like it. Go for some zing, because pretzels are boring otherwise! :)

Low-fat and no-fat mayo works just as well, because it's just there to calm down the zing of the mustard.

If you have both those ingredients in your house - and pretzels of course - go mix up just enough to try,  i.e. 2 tsp mayo & 1 tsp spicy brown mustard. I bet you'll like it.

Now, when I've been out of spicy brown mustard, I bet you'll be surprised to learn (not!) that I've tried other things in its place. Spicy brown is definitely my favorite, but it's also good with honey mustard, plain yellow mustard, even spicy Chinese mustard. Whatever you have - give it a try!  Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment